Signification of Tenth House
The tenth home is the House of standing, honor, community power, prestige, reputation, and skilled career. In our society, this includes money success, however solely because it relates to community power and status. It isn’t concerning gaining “material stuff” because it is within the second house. The tenth house desires success for the sake of honor and social station.
This house includes social foundations (as opposition personal home foundations within the 4th), recognition, personal achievements, and social responsibilities, sense of duty, authority figures, and politicians. This House encompasses the foremost public areas of one’s life, and also the career that you simply grow into, as opposition daily work and odd jobs dominated by the sixth House.
As with the fourth House, astrologer’s area unit divided over whether or not the tenth House rules one’s mother or father. People who say the fourth House rules the mother, say the tenth House rules the daddy, and the other way around. What’s clear is that the fourth House rules the nurturing, home-body parent, whereas the tenth House rules the general public, success-focused parent (the parent WHO “wears the pants”).
As with the opposite angular homes, any planets during this house area unit important. Planets within the tenth house, the sign up the cusp of the tenth house, and its ruling planet can greatly influence your career and your general name publicly.
- This house refers to the following:
(i) Livelihood, work, employer, master in business, boss, appointment, promotion, occupation, vocation, kingdom, government, aristocracy, rank, status, position of authority, public esteem, ruling powers, respect, honour, command.
(ii) Living abroad. Commerce, trade, business, doctor. Wealth. Success.
(iii) Good conduct Karmas (deeds) in this life, integrity, pilgrimage, sacrifice, shraddha (last and annual funerary rites), wisdom, credit, renunciation of worldly life and taking to asceticism.
(iv) Quality, clothes, sky.
(v) Backbone. Knees. Left part of the nose, left armpit, and left thigh depending on the drekkan.
(vi) Mother’s partners in business.
- When we wish to determine the VOCATION of the native:
- The tenth houses as counted from (a) the first house, (b) the house where the Moon is located, and (c) the house where the Sun is placed, should be determined and their strength should be assessed.
- (i) The most powerful of the above three tenth houses should be examined to see whether it contains a planet. If it does, that planet will be indicative of the vocation the native will follow.
(ii) If there is no planet in the most powerful tenth house, the next two in order of strength should be examined in the manner described in (i) above. A planet located there will indicate the vocation.
- If of the three tenth houses determined above, all or two are of similar strength and contain planets, the combination of all the indications will be the vocation, or the native will change his vocation to the ones indicated by each planet in the major or sub-periods of the planets that are located in these tenth houses.
- In case there are no planets in any of the three houses, the most powerful of the three houses should be determined. The owner of the navansha sign in which the owner of this tenth house is placed, will indicate the vocation.
- Other methods to determine vocation:
(i) When several planets are placed in a sign anywhere in the horoscope, the vocation indicated by the sign or the house may be pursued.
(ii) Similarly the most powerful planet may also force the native to pursue vocation indicated by it, at least during its major or sub-periods.
(iii) The mast powerful among planets that are placed close to the Sun, but not combust, or those that aspect the Sun can also indicate the vocation that the native is likely to take up.
- The planet determined in the manner laid down above will indicate several vocations. The vocation that the native is likely to follow will depend upon the wealth that the horoscope promises to the native. Suppose the planet that determines the vocation of the native is the Sun. It can, among other things, make the native follow medical profession. If the horoscope shows plenty of wealth, the native will be a doctor. If wealth is going to be limited, the native can be a compounder assisting a physician.
- If the first, second, tenth and the eleventh houses are influenced by the Sun, Rahu and Saturn, or at least two out of these three, the native will become a physician.
Venus in the tenth house is weak. It will not be good for affairs governed by its lordship or for which it is the karaka, if it is placed here.
- If the first and the tenth houses, their owners and the Sun are powerful the native is a highly respected person.
- If the tenth house, its owner, and the Sun are under the influence of separative planets, a person holding even a high position will have to give it up.
- The native will be insulted time and again if the Sun and an adverse Satum join each other in this house with no beneficial influence.
- For the purposes of longevity, the owner of the tenth house should be considered in the same manner as Saturn.
Names: Pitru, Akash, Rajya, Tat, Maan, Gagan, Nabh, Madhya, Vyapar, Meshuran, Gyan, Raj, Aspad, Karm, Kratu, Vyoma, Kirti, Jaya, Achara, Pravritti, Gamana, Aagya, Sat.
Relatives: Mother, adopted son, father, family.
Human Body: Waist, backbone, two knees, thighs.
Persons: Servant, sovereign, assistant, elders, heir apparent, prince, master, gods, king.
Profession: Commerce, agriculture, service, teaching, physician, aptitude for work, profession, position, administrative appointment.
Actions: Worldly activities, renunciation, getting kingship, sculpture, Mantra Siddhi, state work, incantation, controlling others, pious deeds, pious life, athletics, horse riding, good conduct, conduct, actions, acts of public utility, gain by royal favour, gaining the objective, travel.
Abstracts: Quality, inclination, command, rank or position, sacrifice, success, gait, honour, ruling power, honour, recognition from state, pre-eminence, wide fame, order, Yagya etc., investments, excellence, expansion, magnitude of moral merit, luxuries, subjection, supremacy, opinion, thoughts, intellect, happiness, public life, moral responsibilities, apex of the horoscope, connection with higher ranks, credit, public esteem wisdom, ambitions, big position with the king, achievement related to four human aims, news from distant place.
Qualities: Native’s capability, charitableness.
Objects: Medicines, stamp, talisman, banner, ornaments, dresses.
Places: Place of residence, residence in far-off places, sky, path.
National: Government, rain, drought.