Effects of Rahu Mahadasha with All Planets
Effect of Rahu Mahadasha
The Nodes, called Rahu and Ketu in Hindu astrology, are points of intersection between the path of the Moon and the apparent path of the Sun in the sky. They are not physical heavenly bodies, but their importance in predictive astrology is well established.
- It has a head without a normal body. It is fearful to look at. Its body is that of a serpent and is amorphous. It is tamasik, dark in complexion and thievish by nature. Its vehicle is a lion.
- It is by nature a malefic planet. When it is not under the influence of another planet, it acts like Saturn. It rises hind part first.
- Its RELATIONSHIP with other planets is as follows:
- Friendly with Mercury, Venus, Saturn
- Neutral to Jupiter
- Inimical to Sun, Moon, Mars
It is exalted in Taurus, its mooltrikona sign is Gemini, and it owns Aquarius.
4. It is the KARAKA for the following: Gambling, social or political movements, outcasts, reptiles, snakes, snake-bite, widow, and swelling in the body.
- It REPRESENTS the following:
(i) Disease, cancer, mysterious diseases, insanity, general unhappiness, psychic disturbances, possession by discarnate supernatural beings, epidemics, alcoholism, drug-induced maladies, illusion, hallucinations, dark complexion, tendency to look downwards while talking, skin diseases, pain in the body, hiccups, Rahu represents very old age and also age of 48 years.
(ii) Gomed, southwest wild tribes, foreigners, non-Hindus, Buddhists, riots, general disorders, social unrests, travels abroad, theft, old and bad women, mass trends, diplomacy, wickedness, execution, exile, aviation, paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother.
(iii) Heart trouble, leprosy, mental confusion, pain or injury in the feet and reptile bite.
- Since the Nodes are capable of overcoming the Sun and the Moon by obstructing their light they are stronger than any other planet in the nativity.
- Rahu is considered to be like Saturn. It is stronger than Saturn. Saturn is the Greater Malefic. Therefore Rahu is the strongest malefic planet.
- Whenever Rahu or Ketu has relation with a planet it takes on the power of the planet and magnifies it.
- When Rahu has relation with the Moon and the other factors representing the mind (Mercury, the fourth house and its owner), or influences them, insanity, criminal tendency, possession by disincarnate supernatural entities, psychic and psychological disturbances, drug taking, alcoholism, and neurological problems are likely to arise. My relation between badly placed Rahu and an adverse Moon without any beneficial influence is also likely to lead to these conditions.
- Rahu has the power to obstruct and darken the Moon which represents the mind.
- Rahu influencing the Sun can cause indecisiveness, warped imagination and illusions about the self….
Rahu Mahadasha Sun Antardasha
This is not good for the Sun if Rahu is adverse. Matters indicated by the Sun will suffer a setback. The native may have trouble from the government, highly placed persons, or he may not get along with his father or elders of the family. His health may be disturbed and general vitality will below. He may have heart trouble. He may find success eluding him in his ventures. His children may face difficulties.
(i) The effect of Rahu with the Sun in the first, third, fifth or the twelfth house is favorable if Rahu is not adverse. The association of Rahu and the Sun in the second house may lead the native to penury.
(ii) If Rahu has effect with the Sun in the fourth house the native will face problems with regard to his property and children. He will have trouble from the enemies. He will migrate elsewhere.
(iii) This combination in the seventh house leads to marital discord or loss of wealth due to women.
(iv) This combination in the eighth house shortens the longevity, provided the Sun is adverse for the chart.
(v) This combination in the ninth house gives higher knowledge and journeys abroad.
(vi) This combination in the tenth house raises the native to a high position, but it eventually makes the career a failure. The native has a chequered career.
(vii) This combination of the Sun and Rahu in the eleventh house is good.
(viii) Such effects are especially bad in Aries, Libra, Scorpio, and Aquarius.
(ix) The Sun having effect with Rahu in Leo is favorable but the native will have bad relations with his father.
Rahu Mahadasha Moon Antardasha
Rahu Mahadasha with Moon Antardasha is generally not good. The native will be under an apprehension of the likelihood of something untoward happening to him (see paragraph 38 below). He may be mentally depressed. He may suffer from a circulatory or digestive disease. He may face troubles from women.
(i) We have to be careful with respect to this combination in the first or fourth house. It is very likely to cause mental aberrations in the native. When the combination takes place in the fourth house, the native may face serious health or mental problems in his 20th year of life.
(ii) This effect taking place in the third house leads to early death of the mother or of sister’s husband.
(iii) The Moon located in the eighth house and having effect with Rahu is an indication of a serious Balrista. The 20th day after birth will be critical. If the native survives, he will be sickly in his early years.
Rahu Mahadasha Mars Antardasha
The effect of Rahu with Mars brings out the violent tendencies in the latter. The native may have uncontrollable anger. It may also develop suicidal inclination in the native. However, when Mars and Rahu are favorable for the chart, the adverse results of the effect will only manifest in the form of anger. The native may have a heightened libido. Some important effect positions are stated as below:
(i) In the third house, it is an indication that the native is either the eldest brother or the eldest has not survived.
(ii) Such a combination in the fourth house leads to losses unless Mars is a beneficial planet for the ascendant and Rahu is well placed.
(iii) Such a combination in the fifth house is an indicator that the native would either not have a male issue or he would lose it early in life. The same result can be expected if Rahu is in effect with Mars through the exchange of signs or through aspect.
(iv) Such a combination in the seventh house is an indication that the native had premarital affairs or has more than one wife.
(v) Such a combination in the eighth house spoils the health of the native and may cause his death by poison or bite of a poisonous insect.
(vi) Such a combination in the second, tenth or the eleventh house can lead to amassing of wealth through questionable means.
Rahu Mahadasha Mercury Antardasha
The native may have a sharp intellect and good power to communicate when both the planets are favorable, He may also have an inclination to gamble and speculate. Some important effects in positions are stated as below:
(i) In the fourth house gives gains, honor, high position and wealth but in Pisces, the results are just the reverse,
(ii) In the fifth house, it is not good for the mental health of the native,
(iii) In the sixth, eighth or the twelfth house causes an undiagnosable disease, insanity or nervous disorder.
(iv) Such a combination in the seventh house will lead to a highly disturbed married life.
Rahu Mahadasha Jupiter Antardasha
This effect is productive of good results many a time. The native may be very learned, wise or wealthy. He may have an exceptional legal ability. Some important effects positions are stated as below:
(i) In the first, fourth, fifth or the ninth house in a favorable sign, it takes the native to a very high position and makes him wealthy.
(ii) This combination in the fifth house can cause the wife to miscarry, or death of children.
(iii) This combination in the eighth house gives stomach trouble and a mark near the navel of the native.
(iv) This combination anywhere in the horoscope, unless well aspected or both the planets being favorable to the chart, causes distaste for religion in the native.
Rahu Mahadasha Venus Antardasha
This is an adverse influence on Venus unless Rahu is good for the chart, and may distort the attitude of the native to healthy sex, relationship with women and marriage. Some important effects in positions are stated as below:
(i) In the fourth house gives property, wealth, harmony, comforts and cordial relations with relatives.
(ii) This effect is worse in the third, sixth, seventh, eighth and twelfth houses.
Rahu Mahadasha Saturn Antardasha
This is not a good combination for the native’s health.
(i) In the ascendant it indicative of the fact that the native’s mother had a difficult childbirth. It also signifies that the native would suffer from poor health in childhood and would get hurt in his early years several times.
(ii) Such an effect in an adverse house will give tendency to commit suicide and a criminal bent of mind.
(iii) The effect taking place in the fourth house may prove troublesome. There may be imbalance or disturbance of mind. It is also bad for the mother.
(iv) It is bad if placed in the ninth house. Here it gives displeasure of the government, parents and the native may be forced to migrate elsewhere.
(v) When the combination takes place in the tenth house, the native may reach a high position if the two planets are favorable for the chart but it is also indicative of the fact that the native may suffer a fall from a high position.
Effects of Rahu Mahadasha with Mars and Saturn
(i) in the first house causes venereal and urinary diseases,
(ii) in the eighth house, it gives rise to immorality, and,
(iii) anywhere in the horoscope, it not only makes the native accident prone but also destroys, the results of that house.
- When there is an exchange of asterisms between Rahu and Saturn and there is involvement of the eighth house in this combination, it makes the native prone to paralytic strokes.
- Rahu gives better results when aspected by a planet friendly to it rather than in association with it.
- (i) Whenever a Node is in the third, sixth, or eleventh house, and does not own it, it will be an adverse planet for the horoscope.
(ii) Whenever a Node is in the sign or constellation of an owner of the sixth, or eighth house, or is in relation with the owner of one of these houses, which is an adverse planet for the horoscope, it will be adverse for the chart.
- (iii) (a) If the Node is placed in an angle and has relation with the owner of a triangle, or
- (b) it is placed in a triangle and has a relationship with the owner of an angle, it becomes highly potent to do good to the native.
- (iv) (a) If a Node is placed in an angle in the sign owned by an excellent or good planet, or
- (b) it is placed in a triangle in the sign owned by the owner of an angle, or
- (c) it is placed in the eighth house, in its own sign, it becomes capable to do good to the native.
- (v) A Node placed in an angle with no other influence will be a neutral planet. Its nature will depend on the nature of the disposition.
- (vi) A Node placed in a triangle with no other influence will be a good planet. Its nature will be modified by the nature of the disposition.
- (vii) Mixed results would be felt when the Node is placed in the second or twelfth house, or the owner of the second or twelfth house has relation with the Node. The nature of the dispositor of the Node will be very important and the nature of the Node determined in the above manner will be noticeably altered by it. The results to be given by the Node will be felt during the major or sub-periods of the concerned Node.
- Rahu is important for giving worldly results, Ketu for spiritual or religious ones.
- The major or sub-periods of Rahu or Ketu may be unpleasant if either of them is in the asterism of Ketu. The results may be beneficial if the asterism involved is that of Rahu.
- A Node will give the results of the house in which it is placed, of its dispositor, and of the planets with which it has a relation.
- A Node adopts the characteristics of the planet with which it is in relation, but at the same time passes on its bad influence to that planet. Such a planet, even if it is a beneficial planet for the horoscope, will give at least some adverse results in its major or sub-period.
- The Nodes attain powers to kill only when they are in relation with an adverse Saturn, or the Maraka owner of the second or seventh house. Otherwise, if they are located in the second or seventh house without any malefic relation, they will not kill.
- A well-placed Node in a common sign, the owner of which owns a triangular house gives exceedingly good result well-placed placed Node in a common sign, the owner of which owns an angular house also gives good results. However, these good results will be spoilt if the owner also owns the third, sixth, eighth or the eleventh house.
- A well-placed Node in a movable sign, the owner of which owns an angular or triangular house gives good results, but the results will be mediocre when the sign is a fixed one. However, these good results will be spoilt if the owner also owns the third, sixth, eighth or the eleventh house.
- A Node placed in the third, sixth, or eleventh house in relation with a beneficial planet, or placed in an angular or triangular house in relation with a malefic planet, will in its period first give good results but the results will be adverse towards the end.
- Adverse results should be predicted if the major-period of Rahu is the fifth or seventh from the first major-period after birth.
- KALSARPA yoga is formed:
(i) if Rahu is in the first six houses from the ascendant,
(ii) all the planets are between Rahu and Ketu, and
(iii) no planet is located in the same sign as Rahu.
This yoga destroys the good indications in a horoscope. The house where Rahu is located suffers the most. The yoga will still operate if conditions (ii) and (iii) only are fulfilled but its strength will be less.
- The first six months of Rahu major-period after the close of Mars major-period is as a rule adverse.
- The dispositors of the Nodes are of particular importance. If any of them is under a good influence, does not own a bad house and is a beneficial planet for the ascendant that dispositor becomes capable of giving very good results. If it forms a good yoga (combination) with other planets, the strength of the yoga increases many folds to give good results.
Such a planet, under the adverse influence or of adverse nature, is capable of harming the native to a great extent.
- If some planets form a Rajyoga and Rahu is connected with this combination, the Rajyoga results shall be given by Rahu.
- Rahu favorably placed in relation with the owner of an angle and a triangular house shall give high status and prosperity during its major or sub-periods.
- If the owner of an angle and a triangular house has relation with the dispositor of Rahu, the native will have high status and prosperity during the major or sub-periods of Rahu.
- The aspect or relation of a Node with various planets should be analyzed in the following ways:
(a) The fundamental characteristic of Rahu is to give results similar to Saturn and that of Ketu like Mars.
(b) Due to the special affinity that the Nodes have with the luminaries (the Sun and Moon), the relation with or the aspect by the Nodes on the luminaries ought to be examined differently. If there is an eclipse owing to the association of the Node with a luminary, the results will be very different. An eclipse in a good house is harmful to the affairs of that house and is good in an adverse house.
(c) If there is a relation between a Node and a planet, the planet will take over some bad nature of the Node, and the Node will, in turn, take the nature of the planet. Thus, for example, a mutual aspect between a beneficial Jupiter and Rahu will make Jupiter lose some of its good nature, and Rahu will become beneficial.
(d) It need not be re-emphasized that whenever a planet or a house is under the influence of a Node, the affairs indicated by this factor will always exhibit some suddenness or unexpected results.
(e) If the Node is in exaltation, or under the influence of such planets that are benign planets for the ascendant, it will give overall good results in its period, but the element of the unexpected and a fear of things going awry at any stage will persist.
- A Node in a sign owned by an adverse Saturn generally does not give good results in its major or sub-periods.
- An interesting statement has been made in Brihat Parasar Hora Sastra …
It says that when Rahu is placed in Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Aquarius or Pisces; or, Ketu is placed in Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces, the period of the Node shall be productive of beneficial results.