12th House in Vedic Astrology
12th Lord in Different Houses results as the nature of the planet and the nature of influence on that planet will decide whether the results accruing out of this house will be to the liking of the native or not. For example, whether expenditure will be to native’s liking can be determined in this manner.
- The Moon in this house in a movable sign or aspected by Saturn makes a person wander.
- When the twelfth house is influenced by malefic planets and the owner of the twelfth house is also similarly influenced by such planets, the native will wander from one country to the other.
- A planet connected with the second, seventh (or ninth) and the twelfth houses makes the native go away from his family on a long journey to a far away place.
- If this house is connected with the second, sixth, and the tenth houses it indicates service in a hospital. If this house is connected only with the sixth house then it shows that the native would be hospitalized.
- If the fourth and the twelfth houses are connected it indicates a change in residence.
- If the ninth and this house are related to a long journey and life abroad are indicated.
- If the Sun or the Moon is located in this house and is afflicted by malefic planets, the native is likely to lose his eye-sight. The same principle can be used for predictions regarding native’s relatives. For example, if there is the Sun in the eighth house with such affliction it would mean loss of sight to the father.
- All planets baring Venus are considered badly placed in this house. Venus is good both in the sixth (though not for married life) and the twelfth houses.
- Venus benefits the house or planet from which it is in the twelfth house.
- If the owners of the fourth and the twelfth houses (watery houses) influence the eighth house and its owner, death by drowning is indicated. However, if the twelfth house is occupied by a planet it will then act according to the nature of the occupying planet. In the above combination, the owner of the fourth house only reinforces the watery effect of the owner of the twelfth house. The combination basically depends upon the connection between the eighth and the twelfth houses.
- If the weak and afflicted owner of the twelfth house is placed in the third, sixth or the eighth house and has malefic influence without any redeeming beneficial effect, it gives rise to Vipareet Raj Yoga and confers immense riches.
- This house also indicates wastage. So if the Sun is located here it would mean complete expenditure of the self. The man would, therefore, be selfless. Moon here would mean irritability-and emotional imbalance. Mars here means the native makes efforts for others. Mars here can also lead to muscular atrophy. Mercury here would make a man extremely talkative. Jupiter here would make the man keep giving unsolicited advice. Venus in this house can make a man lustful. Saturn here can make the native nervous in nature.
- If the three ascendants, the twelfth house, and their owners are influenced by satvik planets, and the fourth house, its owner and the Moon are under the influence of Saturn the native attains moksha (liberation from the cycle of births and deaths).
- The nature of expenditure and also whether it would be pleasant or otherwise will depend on the nature of the planet connected with this house whose period is currently causing the expenditure.
- If Venus is in the twelfth house and is connected with Saturn and Rahu the native will have an insatiable sexual appetite. His relations with his wife will not be cordial but the wife will be long-lived.
- The native will suffer from insomnia if the twelfth house, its owner, Venus and the Moon all have malefic influence.
- The owner of a house situated in the twelfth house, or the owner of the twelfth house in any house, or a sambandha between the owner of the twelfth house and the owner of any house, will cause loss to the native of matters that are signified by that house.
- (i) When the first and twelfth houses, their owners and Rahu are related, the native is likely to be iinprisoned.
(ii) If the second and the twelfth; or, the third and the eleventh; or, the fourth and the tenth; or, the fifth and the ninth houses have an equal number of planets, the native is likely to be jailed. H beneficial planets are also involved in this combination in any manner, the native may be released from jail early, or if only beneficial planets form this combination, he may be placed under some restriction for his own benefit.
Effects of 12th Lord in Different Houses
12th Lord in 1st House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 1st House as the native will be generous and extravagant. He will like to be elegantly dressed. He may not have good health and may suffer from such ailments that necessitate his hospitalization. The native will leave his place of birth and live away from it.
He will suffer from enemies. He may face persecution and punishment for his membership in secret societies. A powerful owner of the twelfth house well placed in the first house will ensure that the native’s younger sister/brother earns well from his profession.
His younger sister/brother will have highly placed friends who will help his interests. Such an owner of the twelfth house will also be beneficial for the mother of the native since it will make her wealthy, inclined to be of noble character and good behavior. It will make the native’s father learned and wealthy.
This placement is not good for native’s children even if the owner of the twelfth house is of normal strength. They will not be fortunate and though tending to live long, if the owner of the twelfth house is aspected by Saturn, will face serious reverses in their lives.
The native’s maternal aunt will be short-lived if the owner of the twelfth house is weak and afflicted.
12th Lord in 2nd House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 2nd House as the native will find it difficult to accumulate wealth. If the owner of the twelfth house is weak and afflicted and does not have a beneficial influence here, the native’s wife will have high status and wealth.
Such an owner will also be instrumental in native’s father losing his property and wealth for the repayment of loans. A powerful owner of the twelfth house indicates a highly religious and spiritual nature of the native’s mother.
The native will earn wealth through his efforts. He will stay in his native land for a short while and will thereafter go abroad where he will be successful. A weak and badly placed owner of the twelfth house with malefic influence and a poor Mercury in the chart will cause defective speech in the native.
It may also bring about losses to the native due to his loose tongue. If instead of Mercury, the Sun, the Moon or Venus is involved in this combination, the native is likely to have defective eyesight. A badly placed owner of the twelfth house here will make it difficult for the native to have his meals honorably.
His younger sister/brother or his eldest child is likely to lose his jobs. His elder sister/brother will earn from property or vehicles.
12th Lord in 3rd House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 3rd House as this location of the twelfth owner is indicative of the fact that the native will travel a lot and will stay away from home for long periods. He will also travel abroad during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the twelfth house.
He will be selfish. He may develop ear ailments if the owner of the twelfth house and Jupiter are afflicted and weak. There may be loss of younger sister/brother. The younger brother of the native will have to spend heavily and will be introverted.
The native’s mother will travel abroad. His partner in business will have successful association with foreign concerns. The native will feel drained of vitality during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the twelfth house.
If the owner of this house is powerful and well placed in the house, the native’s children are likely to get a legacy. The native’s father may go on a long journey in connection with his higher education and earn his livelihood at a distant place in case the sign in the seventh house is a movable one.
12th Lord in 4th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 4th House as the native’s mother will be beset with troubles. The native will not have happiness and comforts during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the twelfth house.
The native will lose wealth and property and he will have an introverted mind. He is likely to change his residence more than once.
The native’s spouse will be successful at a competitive examination and will get a job as a result. His son may cause his death. If the owner of the twelfth house is weak, afflicted and has no beneficial influence here, the children of the native will be rich and may rise high in life.
The native will lack mental peace and will be worried over trifles. Immovable property, if an adverse Mars or Saturn influences the placement, whether owned by him or rented by him for his use will be a source of constant harassment. When Venus is afflicted in the chart, the native will find that vehicles are the cause of his trouble.
12th Lord in 5th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 5th House as the owner of the twelfth house in the fifth is indicative of troubles and losses to and due to the children. The native may not have children. He may go to holy places to pray for a son.
However, if the owner of the fifth house is in the fifth with the owner of the twelfth house, the native is likely to get a child in the major or sub-periods of the owner of the twelfth house. It also indicates that the native will have a sensual mind and will spend on entertainment, speculation, or his children.
There may be separation from children at some time in life. The native is likely to alienate a powerful person.
The native’s mother will get a windfall of wealth. If the owner of the twelfth house is placed powerfully in the fifth house and Mercury or Jupiter is strong in the horoscope, the native’s father will be a scholar. The father will have wealth and vehicles if Jupiter or Venus is strong in the chart.
12th Lord in 6th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 6th House as if the owner of the twelfth house is weak and afflicted and does not have any beneficial aspect, the native will hold a high position and will be wealthy but he will not have marital happiness. He may also be involved in protracted litigation which may finally end in his favor.
The native will spend on good causes. He will have a satisfactory sex life. In some cases, the native may be oversexed and may have liaison with several women. His enemies and maternal uncle will have troubles.
His mother will travel extensively and will also go abroad. She may, if there is a strong Mercury in the chart, take to writing. The longevity of the native will be affected and he may suffer from eye trouble or may be blind if there are other indications in the nativity to this effect. His children will have to face heavy expenses and losses.
12th Lord in 7th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 7th House as this location of the owner of the twelfth house is not conducive to the welfare of native’s spouse. The spouse will be indebted or ailing and will be separated from the native from time to time. She will have to face troubles from her enemies or through litigation.
The native will, therefore, have constant worries, expenses, and sorrow.
The native will try to grab others property and wealth through litigation. He will travel extensively and visit abroad. His morals may not be satisfactory and the native may have relations with other women.
If the owner of the twelfth house is powerful, it will give the native’s mother comforts, wealth and vehicles. Such an owner will also be good for the longevity of native’s children.
His wife could be the cause of his death if the owner is a malefic planet; if it is a beneficial planet the cause of death will be a woman of loose morals.
12th Lord in 8th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 8th House as if the owner of the twelfth house is weak and does not have any beneficial aspect, the native will be fortunate, hold a high position and will be wealthy, but he will not have a happy married life. He may have heavy outgo of money during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the twelfth house.
This location is also indicative of the fact that the native will have a medium span of life and will die in an asylum, nursing home or hospital, or away from home.
The native is likely to be estranged from his family. The major or sub-periods of the owner of the twelfth house will be pleasant and happy if the eighth house is strong. A strong owner of the twelfth house here is excellent for the welfare, fortune and wealth of native’s mother.
The native’s father will have to live away from home in discomfort. His children will be without comforts, happiness or property.
12th Lord in 9th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 9th House as the native will go abroad and on long journeys and stay there for some time. The owner of the twelfth house here will also cause troubles to the native and his younger sister/brother. Their affairs will take a downward plunge in its major or sub-periods.
This location is not good unless the owner of the twelfth house is a friend of the owner of the ninth house and a beneficial planet, or the owner of the ninth house is powerful and placed in the ninth.
If the two owners are friendly, the native’s parents will be attached to each other and his mother will have a dominating influence over his father.
The native’s younger brothers/sisters, neighbors and colleagues will be few and he will not be close to them. He will show scant respect to his father, elders or preceptor.
He may get alienated from most of his friends. His children will face troubles on account of their children. There is a possibility of a loss of some grandchildren.
12th Lord in 10th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 10th House as the native will be a servant of the government. He will travel on government duty and will be posted away from his birthplace. His career may have ups and downs and he may be subjected to worries and sorrows due to it.
He may be divested of his position and power during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the twelfth house. The native, during this period, will also have to change his residence with the change in his status.
If the tenth house and its owner are also subjected to the influence of adverse Sun, Saturn or Rahu, the loss of position and power could be more lasting. He may also have to incur expenditure on account of the government.
His profession may be related to medicine, hospitals or jails. His parents will not stay with him, maybe because his mother will have an acid tongue. The native’s father will have wealth in the form of the property but he may lose most of it in an attempt to repay the sums owed by the native to the government.
The native’s mother-in-law will be of poor health which will always be a source of worry to him. If the owner of the twelfth house is weak, afflicted and has no beneficial influence here, the native’s children will be rich and may rise high in life.
12th Lord in 11th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 11th House as the native’s income and outgo of wealth will almost be balanced. The native will be worried over the future of his children. His friends will work against his interests and will actually be secretly inimical to him.
A malefic owner of the twelfth house will cause trouble to the children and separation from them. He will not have many friends but the number of secret enemies will be large. There may be a misunderstanding with his elder sister/brother.
The wife of his eldest child may predecease him. His elder brother/sister will be wealthy and extravagant. If the owner of the twelfth house is placed powerfully in the eleventh house, the native’s younger sister/brother will be prosperous and very highly placed in life.
The younger sister/brother will also be known for his good deeds and upright behavior. The native will be well known and truthful.
12th Lord in 12th House
12th Lord in Different Houses results in 12th House as if the owner of the twelfth house is weak and does not have any beneficial aspect, the native will hold a high position and will be wealthy. If it is not so, the native will face heavy expenditure and will be troubled by his enemies.
However, a powerful owner of the twelfth house having benign influence, in the twelfth will make the native prosperous abroad, religious and interested in spiritualism. If the owner is weak, he will be mentally disturbed and irritable.
A movable sign in this house or the Moon or Mercury here will make the native travel incessantly. The maternal uncle of native’s wife will be well off.
A powerful owner of the twelfth house will make the native’s children long-lived, his elder brother/sister wealthy and his mother fortunate.
The twelfth house is the tenth from the third house. It is, therefore, the house of respect, honor, vocation, etc. for the younger sister/brother of the native. If it is powerful, it is obvious that the native’s younger sister/brother will have these measures to the full in their lives.
If you are looking for more insights about 12th House in Vedic Astrology then go through with 12th House Astrology in Zodiac Signs.