6th House in Vedic Astrology
6th Lord in Different Houses results as the sixth and tenth houses are connected, or their owners are friendly and related to each other in some manner and the owner of the sixth house is powerful, the native follows his father’s profession.
- This house represents the location of the native that he adopts to meet his needs, or by the force of circumstances. It is not what he would like to do or a vocation that is ideally suited to his taste.
- Naturally malefic planets here are strong and give the ability to defeat enemies but are bad for health and make the native struggle in life.
- The owners of the sixth, eighth and eleventh houses, Mars and Ketu, and their dispositors are planets that are responsible for accidents and injuries.
- The owner of the sixth house, Saturn and Rahu are significators for illness. The influence of these planets on any house causes disease relating to parts of the body represented by that house. If Saturn becomes the owner of the sixth house it becomes more representative of the disease. If Rahu occupies the sixth house of which the Saturn is the owner, such a Saturn is an extremely potent significator of illness.
- Saturn and Rahu are significators of disease. The Sun is the karaka for health and represents doctors and physicians. The sixth house is not the only representative of disease but also represents weapons (including sharp-edged instruments) and surgery. The third and eleventh houses are representative of the arms of the man. The third house represents the right hand, the eleventh the left. Incidentally, if the third house is more powerful than the eleventh, the man will be right-handed, otherwise left-handed. Now, if a powerful owner of either of the two houses representing arms is related to the sixth house, it shall be indicative of the fact that the native will wield weapons (including sharp-edged instruments). Weapons can be used by criminals, uniformed forces, doctors, etc. How to distinguish whether the native will be a doctor, criminal or a member of the uniformed force, etc.? It may be considered in the following manner:
(a) If the eighth or the twelfth house is also involved along with the above two houses in the relationship, and there is no beneficial influence, the native is likely to be a person who uses weapons to cause death or loss to others. He is therefore likely to be a robber or a murderer.
(b) If the relationship of the two houses does not involve the eighth or the twelfth house or if one of these two houses is involved, the relationship has powerful beneficial influence, the native is likely to wield weapons for a good cause and maybe in a uniformed service.
(c) When the combination mentioned in (b) above also involves the Sun, Saturn, and Rahu or at least two of the three, the native will wield weapons for a good cause connected with health and disease. He will be a doctor or a surgeon.
(d) When the owner of the sixth house or Mars is more powerful than the planets out of the three listed above which are involved in the combination, the native will be a surgeon, otherwise a physician.
(e) Needless to say that a person can only be a doctor or a surgeon if he has had a good education. Therefore, the significators for education and learning, viz., Jupiter and Mercury, should not be weak in the horoscope.
(f) If they are weak, the native shall be a rural quack.
- Planets are the sixth, eighth and twelfth houses and planets having sambandha with the owner of the sixth house will also be the significators of diseases.
- When the first, second, and the eleventh houses have adverse influence and the owner of the sixth house is related to the second house the native incurs heavy expenditure and gets indebted.
- Mars for Gemini ascendant is a powerful representative of this house as it is also the owner of the eleventh house. If it is located in the fifth house it makes the native suffer from thefts.
- A powerful and beneficial planet in this house together with Ketu makes the man have mighty enemies. A naturally beneficial planet which is a favorable planet for the chart placed here will tend to increase the number of enemies.
- Beneficial planets here make a native gain through subordinates, malefic planets indicate losses due to and through them and expenses incurred on them.
- If the owner of this house is located in the eighth house and is weak it causes serious physical trouble in its sub-period in the major period of the weak owner of the second, seventh, eighth, or the twelfth house. Therefore we must be careful when we pronounce good results on the basis of Vipareet Rajyogas involving the owner of the sixth house.
- This house refers to a disease, the twelfth house to hospitalization and the eleventh house being twelfth from the twelfth house and sixth from the sixth house refers to recovery from disease.
- The disease is likely to trouble the native during the period of the planet in this house or the planet in sambandha with the owner of this house.
- Mercury in this house indicates that the native has fads regarding food, Mars indicates a tendency to overeat, Jupiter here is good for health, Moon shows fondness for liquids and spirits especially if the sign in this house is also a watery one, Venus here shows liking for good food and drink and danger from excesses, and Saturn here leads to malnutrition.
- For foreign influence, eleventh house and Rahu should also be examined. The influence of owners of this and the eleventh house and Rahu on any house makes the concerned aspect of life have a foreign element in it.
- Successful raising of loans in favor of the native can only be possible if beneficial planets are connected with the sixth house and its owner.
- (a) The affairs of the house, the owner of which joins the owner of the sixth house in the eighth house, will suffer a serious set back in the sub-period of the owner of the concerned house in the major period of the owner of the sixth house. For example, if the owner of the second house joins the owner of the sixth house in the eighth house, then in the sub-period of the owner of the second house and in the major period of the owner of the sixth house, the native will have serious setback in his affairs pertaining to the second house.
(b) Similar results can be expected in the sub-period of the owner of a house in the major period of the owner of the sixth house, in case the owner of the house is located in the sixth house and the owner of the sixth house is placed in the eighth.
- Following are some combinations for specific ailments:
(a) (i) If the owner of the sixth house is situated in the first or the eighth house with malefic planets it causes boils.
(ii) Boils, wounds, etc. are also caused by the placement of Mars or Ketu in the sixth or the eighth house.
(b) (i) If the owner of the sixth house is associated with the owner of the first house and the Sun anywhere in the horoscope it causes fever.
(ii) Fever is also caused if the Sun is placed in the sixth or the eighth house.
(c) If the owner of the sixth house joins the owner of the first and Jupiter it ensures good health for the native, but for a married female native, it will indicate illness to her husband.
(d) If the owners of the first and sixth houses join Venus it signifies illness to wife.
(e) The conjunction of owners of the first and sixth houses with Rahu or Ketu causes the native to suffer losses through thefts and he would be prone to danger from snakes.
(f) If the conjunction referred to in (e) above takes place in an angular house it indicates serious throat trouble.
(g) If the owner of the sixth house joins Mars and does not have any beneficial aspect it indicates disease in male genitals.
(h) If the owner of the seventh house joins Venus in the sixth house the wife of the native would be frigid.
(i) If the combination mentioned in (h) above occurs in an angular house it indicates that the native would be imprisoned.
(j) If the owner of the sixth house aspects the first house and Mars is located in the Badakhsthan for that ascendant, it means the native will suffer from occult practices performed against him by his enemies.
(k) If the Sun and the Moon are in the second or the twelfth house and are aspected by Mars and Saturn, the native will suffer from eye trouble. Any of the luminaries in one of these houses aspected by at least one of the two malefic planets referred to above will be able to cause trouble in the concerned eye which is indicated by the location of the luminary. Powerful affliction by these malefic planets may result in loss of sight in the eye. The second house indicates the right eye and the twelfth the left.
(1) Malefic planets occupying or aspecting the houses of sight will cause eye trouble.
(m) The third (right ear) and eleventh houses (left ear) and Jupiter, when afflicted by Mars and Saturn, will cause troubles in the ears or with hearing.
(n) Mars in, or any malefic influence on, the fifth house will cause trouble in the stomach.
(o) Venus in the sixth, seventh or eighth house will 1w responsible for troubles in the reproductive or urinary system.
(p) The owner of the sixth house in the seventh or the eighth house; or, the owner of the eighth house in the seventh will cause troubles in the rectum or excretory system.
- A house aspected or occupied by a naturally malefic planet which is also a malefic planet for the horoscope will cause damage or trouble in that part of the body which is indicated by the concerned house.
- The rules for determining the relationship between the native and a relative of his under the FIRST HOUSE. If we wish to determine the relations that are likely to exist between the native and his maternal uncle, or if we wish to know whether the native will like to have pets, we should apply these rules to the sixth house.
- When the owners of the first and the sixth houses are associated with or have sambandha with Saturn in an angular or triangular house, the native is likely to be imprisoned.
Effects of 6th Lord in Different Houses
6th Lord in 1st House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 1st House as the native may join a uniformed service or a gang of thieves. He will be talkative. His maternal uncle will be prominent in his life. If the owner of the sixth house is friendly with the owner of the first, the relations between the native and his maternal uncle will be cordial.
He will be healthy and rich but will cause trouble for his family members and expect favors from others. This may make the native’s wife separate from him, maybe because of her sensual nature and infidelity. An afflicted owner of the sixth house here makes the native get hurt by explosives, weapons, suffer from piles or boils or from enemies.
The owner of the sixth in the first house causes a lot of trouble to the native, loss of wealth occurs and even friends turn into enemies in its major or sub-periods.
A powerful owner of the sixth house, in the first house, will be good for the native’s father who will either do religious, pious and devotional deeds or may get a high position in life and wealth through writing or speculation.
6th Lord in 2nd House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 2nd House as the native will study at good institutions, and be rich, and clever but he will not keep good health and will be of bad mentality. He will suffer from troubles in his eyes, especially in the right eye, particularly so if the Sun or the Moon is also either weak or afflicted; and, from diseases of the face, mouth or throat.
The native will have to spend on his treatment, his family will face troubles and his enemies will increase and try to harm him. His father will be in service who will try to rise in his career and increase his wealth by adopting unscrupulous methods. His elder brother/sister may lose his wealth during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the sixth in the second house.
The native too during this period will face an eroding bank balance and indebtedness. This location is bad for the longevity of the native’s wife. If the owner of the sixth house is weak, afflicted and has no beneficial influence here, the wife of the native will be rich and rise high in life. The native may keep pets.
6th Lord in 3rd House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 3rd House as it will cause, in its major or sub-periods a lot of trouble to his younger brothers and sisters and the father of the native may die during this period. It will detract from the status and power of the native. Differences of opinion and quarrels will go against him and cause loss. He will be of bad conduct.
His elder brother/sister may not have any children or may lose a child or more during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the sixth house in the third.
The native’s wife can travel abroad during this period or she may join a religious institution and live in seclusion there. The Sixth House should also be usefully studied for determining the career the native is likely to take up if the third, or the eleventh house is connected with the sixth.
6th Lord in 4th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 4th House as the native will not have a college education or it may have several breaks in it. He and his father will always be at loggerheads. The father will also keep bad health.
The native will get patrimony but he may waste it and his debtors may claim that property. Most of these results will be felt during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the sixth house. He will also keep pets.
His mind will be disturbed and he will be attracted to a way of life which will not have the approval of the society. His mother will be close to his maternal uncle provided the owner of the sixth house is friendly with the owner of the fourth.
The maternal uncle will be an agriculturist. The native may not like to meet with all and sundry. His reserved nature may harm him in his career. The domestic life will not be comfortable and his servants will be a bothersome lot.
If the owner of the sixth house is weak, afflicted and has no beneficial influence here, the elder brother/ sister of the native will be rick and rise high in life.
6th Lord in 5th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 5th House as a malefic owner of the sixth house here causes discord between the native and his children or father to the extent that they may be the cause of death of the native. If the owner is a beneficial planet, it will cause loss of wealth and make the native unreliable and of bad conduct.
The native will not hesitate to take loans to gamble. His spouse will be extravagant. His children will be sickly though they will earn well through their own efforts. His younger brother/sister will keep changing his residence.
A powerful owner of the sixth house will ensure that the native’s father becomes a wealthy and powerful person.
6th Lord in 6th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 6th House as an afflicted owner of the sixth house here makes the native get hurt by explosives or weapons or suffer from piles or boils but the native will be wealthy and have a good position in society.
The native will create a number of enemies for himself and he will reside at an unpleasant place. He will be of strong constitution, will remain generally healthy, happy and will be miserly.
The maternal uncle of the native and his enemies will be long-lived. A powerful owner of the sixth house in the sixth will make the father of the native hold a good position in life.
6th Lord in 7th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 7th House as the native is likely to marry within his mother’s or father’s family. A malefic owner of the sixth house here makes the wife of the native cruel hearted and of bad conduct. She will always oppose the native and cause discord in the family.
If the seventh house has a common sign, the marriage will be a failure, the native will separate from his wife and remarry. If the owner is a naturally beneficial planet the wife will be barren or she will repeatedly miscarry.
The wife will be ailing and not be long-lived. The native may have extra-marital affairs. The owner of the sixth house here may cause disease in the genitals or rectum of the native.
6th Lord in 8th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 8th House as the planet, which is the owner of the sixth house, placed here will be the principal cause of death. The owner of the sixth house here may cause disease in the genitals or the rectum.
If it is the Sun, the native will be killed by a tiger or a wild animal; if it is the Moon, he will have an early death; if it is Mars, by poison or by the bite of a poisonous creature; if it is Mercury, by poison; if it is Jupiter, due to his own perverse thinking; if it is Venus, the native will suffer from eye disease; and, if it is Saturn, due to dysentery or digestive disorders.
If the owner of the sixth house is strong and well placed here, the native will have good longevity, if not, he may be morally degraded and unhelpful.
If the owner of the sixth house is weak, afflicted and has no beneficial influence here, the native will be rich and rise high in life but will face a serious setback to his health during the major or sub-periods of the owner of the second, sixth, seventh, eighth or the twelfth house.
6th Lord in 9th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 9th House as the native will be lame, and on bad terms with his relatives and younger brother/sister if the owner of the sixth house is a malefic planet. He will not have faith in God. If it is a beneficial planet the native will escape the above fate but will be poor.
His affairs will be harmed by his enemies. A powerful owner of the sixth house in the ninth house will make the native’s father obtain a high position in judicial or administrative service. It will also make his maternal uncle prosperous and affluent.
The native will be helped by his maternal uncle in case the owner of the sixth is a friend of the owner of the ninth house if not, the maternal uncle will cause harm to his interests. The native is not likely to be on good terms with his father.
6th Lord in 10th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 10th House as an afflicted or malefic owner of the sixth house here makes the native get hurt by explosives or weapons or suffer from piles or boils. He may be in service. He will be cruel hearted and given to committing crimes.
He may incur the wrath of the government. He will not have good relations with his mother. She might have had more than one marriage. He is not likely to have wealth and property and if he does have it, it will gradually be destroyed or get involved in litigation.
If the owner is a beneficial planet for the chart, he will be kindly inclined to his father but will be inimical to others, His children will be poorly off and may be burdened with debts. They will also be in service.
If the owner of the sixth house is weak, afflicted and has no beneficial influence here, the elder brother/sister of the native will be rich and rise high in life. A favorable owner of the sixth house will ensure success to the native in competitions or elections.
6th Lord in 11th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 11th House as the native may be in service. If the owner is a malefic planet for the chart, the native will be killed by his enemy and will suffer losses through thefts. If the owner is a beneficial planet for the chart he will be able to overcome his enemies and earn through cattle.
A favorable owner of the sixth house will ensure success to the native in competitions or elections. He will not be on good terms with his elder brother/sister. The elder brother/sister may keep poor health.
He may gain through his maternal uncle. He may be in a uniformed service, employed in a factory, engaged in a garage or may earn his livelihood as a surgeon or doctor.
The owner of the sixth house strongly placed in the eleventh house will ensure the prosperity of the younger brother/sister and make them learned. Such an owner is also good for the longevity of his mother. The native may have some trouble from his children who may also suffer from bad health.
6th Lord in 12th House
6th Lord in Different Houses results in 12th House as the native will spend on cattle or he may suffer losses due to cattle. He is likely to meet his end on the way on a journey. He may earn abroad. He may not have a high moral standard.
The native will not have much trouble from enemies and in raising loans. His maternal uncle will prosper. A weak and afflicted owner of the sixth in the twelfth house without any beneficial influence is likely to raise the native high in life.
His mother may be a good writer or highly religious. She may travel a lot. His children will accumulate wealth and may come about legacies. His father may have property, houses and vehicles from the government and his residence may contain his place of work.
If you are looking for more insights about 6th House in Vedic Astrology then go through with 6th House Astrology in Zodiac Signs.