Effects of Ketu Mahadasha
Effects of Ketu Mahadasha
When your planet positions are going through the Ketu Mahadasha period then the effect of Ketu Mahadasha will result as follows:
- It has a serpentine head. Normal human head is cut off. It is tall and dresses in smoke colored grey clothes and is tamasik. Its vehicle is a snake.
- It is by nature a malefic planet. If not under the influence of any other planet it acts like Mars.
- Its RELATIONSHIP with other planets is as follows:
It is friendly with Mars, Venus and Saturn. Neutral to Mercury and Jupiter. Inimical
- Friendly with Mars, Venus, Saturn
- Neutral to Mercury and Jupiter
- Inimical to Sun, Moon
- It is the KARAKA for Witchcraft, trouble to enemies, moksha.
- It REPRESENTS the following:
(i) Wounds, injuries, conflicts, intrigues, back-biting, death, liberation, fire, tuberculosis, cholera, fever, pain, paternal grandmother and maternal grandfather.
(ii) Spiritual initiation and development, seer, enmity, anger, doubt, narrow-mindedness, ambition, isolation, lack of self-confidence, occult, charms, and amulets.
Ketu Mahadasha has the power to obstruct and darken the SUN which represents the self. When Ketu influences the Sun by association or aspect, the native will face sudden and unexpected difficulties in his endeavors. He may have losses in speculation and heavy expenditure.
He may have trouble from his children, who may fall sick from time to time. He may not have confidence in himself. He or his father may meet with an accident or suffer from ill health. The native may feel tired and drained of energy. He may be impetuous and rebellious of authority. He will have difficulties from the government, his superiors or from unexpected quarters.
If Ketu is good for the horoscope these would be mitigated to a large extent, and if the Sun is also a beneficial planet for the ascendant, the native may actually have excellent results from the areas identified above.
- Ketu influencing the Moon causes a depressed emotional state, melancholia, pessimism, anger, violent state of the mind, alcoholism, drug taking, and an attraction for the macabre. The native is likely to have trouble from his mother or she may fall seriously sick or meet with an accident during the major or subperiods of Ketu. Women may be inimical to the native and he may be morbidly attracted to them as symbols of sex. He may also face difficulties with regard to his property and home. He may be subjected to popular anger.
- Association of Mars with Ketu makes the person angry and violent and makes him liable to accidents. Mars conjoined with Ketu in the fourth house causes harm to the native through his son, weapon or disease and may lead to the death of native’s wife and loss of wealth.
- However, the Ketu major or sub-periods would be beneficial towards the end. Such a relationship with the fifth house may lead to an early love affair, baldness, and multiple marriages.
- Association of Ketu with Mercury gives the same results as recorded for Rain.
- The relationship of Ketu with Jupiter anywhere in the horoscope is bad for the affairs of the house where these two planets are located unless there is a beneficial aspect on them.
- The relationship of Ketu with Venus is bad. It makes the native sexually a pervert.
- The results and achievements of Ketu major or sub-periods are temporary. Towards the end of its major or sub-periods, it takes away whatever it has earlier given.
- A house, owned by a naturally beneficial planet, shall be very strong if its owner is placed in that house with Ketu.
- Ketu favorably placed in a triangle and associated with the owner of an angle, or placed in an angle and associated with the owner of a triangular house, shall give high status and prosperity during its major or sub-periods.
- If the owner of an angle and a triangular house has a relationship with or aspects Ketu in a common sign then the native will have a high status and prosperity during the major or sub-periods of Ketu. However, if the owner of the sixth, eighth or the twelfth house is also involved, the result will be considerably watered down and the native’s mother will face a lot of trouble during this major or sub-period.
For more information about Ketu and how it will affect with different houses then please go through with ‘Ketu in Different Houses’.