Significations of Ketu
Names of Ketu: Dhuma, Mrityuputra, Anala, Shikhi, Dhvaj.
Nature: Anthill, blue bodied, forester, horrible, fearful, intelligent, Jeeva (zoetic, animate) planet, smoky, strong in second half of Sagittarius, resides in corner of house, red and fierce look, a venomous tongue, an elevated body, armed, an outcast, inhaling smoke always, lean, bruised limbs, malicious, darkness, malefic (material), benefic (spiritual), powerful in night, in calamity and during appearance of comets, powerful in last degrees of Virgo.
The Fish, the incarnation of God was from Ketu. It was Jeevamsa and Parmatmansa (the Absolute Spirit) combined incarnation.
Deity: Brahma. Chinna Mastaka Devi and Ganapati lord over Ketu.
Relatives: Maternal grandfather, maternal grandmother.
Human Body: Nervous system pineal glands, pituitary body.
Diseases: Tumours, windy and phlegmatic disorders, fever, being prone to cold, tuberculosis, wind, madness, speech defects, diagnostic confusion, surgery, disease, eruptive fevers, helminthiasis (intestinal parasites), deafness, Ketu produces all the ailments signified by Rahu. In addition death in the battlefield, wounds, epidemics of a very virulent nature, cancer, leprosy, hysteria, poisoning, decay and deterioration, plague, illness, eruptions.
Dangers: Trouble through disputes with Brahmins and Kshatriyas or from enemies.
Persons: Deadlier enemy, trouble to enemies, traitors, butchers, cave dwellers; wealthy, insane, valorous, foolish, irreligious, cantankerous, generous persons; intent on hearing others; faults, adulterers, hybrid caste, trouble to enemies.
Professions: Businessman, Doctor, philosophers, literary genius.
Actions: Swindling, terrorism, pilgrimage, quarrels, separation, spiritual initiation, war, moral fall, salvation, imprisonment, treachery, intrigues, deception, assassinations, sinful habits, cheating, slaughter, butchery, murdering, dacoity, slavery in foreign country, undergoing severe penalties or punishment, sudden mishaps, demoralisation, self immolation.
Abstracts: Sectarian principles, sudden success or failure, religious resignation, barrier, obstruction, hindrance, retrogression, delay, destruction, sleep, dreams, knowledge, blockade in battle, sudden failure or success, Moksha, asceticism, superstitious devotion, carnality, blockade or barrier.
Plant Life: Horse gram.
Objects: Mud vessel, mixed cloth of a variegated colour, filth, crown, sceptre as symbol of royalty, trophy as symbol of triumph.
Places: Forts on hills, deserts. Parvata (Afghanistan).
Skills: Science, medical science, foreign languages, knowledge of omens.
- It has a serpentine head. Normal human head is cut off. It is tall and dresses in smoke coloured grey clothes and is tamasik. Its vehicle is a snake.
- It is by nature a malefic planet. If not under the influence of any other planet it acts like Mars.
- Its RELATIONSHIP with other planets is as follows:
Friendly with Mars
Neutral to Mercury
Inimical to Sun
It is exalted in Scorpio, its mooltrikona sign is Sagittarius, and it owns Scorpio, vide Brihat Parasar Hora Sastra, Chapter 47, verses 34 to 36.
- It is the KARAKA for the following:
Witchcraft, trouble to enemies, moksha.
- It REPRESENTS the following:
(i) Wounds, injuries, conflicts, intrigues, back-biting, death, liberation, fire, tuberculosis, cholera, fever, pain, paternal grand mother and maternal grandfather.
(ii) Spiritual initiation and development, seer, enmity, anger, doubt, narrow mindedness, ambition, isolation, lack of self-confidence, occult, charms, and amulets.
Ketu has the power to obstruct and darken the SUN which represents the self. When Ketu influences the Sun by association or aspect, the native will face sudden and unexpected difficulties in his endeavours. He may have losses in speculation and heavy expenditure. He may have trouble from his children, who may fall sick from time to time. He may not have confidence in himself. He or his father may meet with accident or suffer from ill health. The native may feel tired and drained of energy. He may be impetuous and rebellious of authority. He will have difficulties from the government, his superiors or from unexpected quarters. If Ketu is good for the horoscope these would be mitigated to a large extent, and if the Sun is also a beneficial planet for the ascendant, the native may actually have excellent results from the areas identified above. For some more guidelines see paragraph 38 above under Rahu.
- Ketu influencing the Moon, causes depressed emotional state, melancholia, pessimism, anger, violent state of the mind, alcoholism, drug taking, and an attraction for the macabre. The native is likely to have trouble from his mother or she may fall seriously sick or meet with an accident during the major or subperiods of Ketu. Women may be inimical to the native and he may be morbidly attracted to them as symbols of sex. He may also face difficulties with regard to his property and home. He may be subjected to popular anger. For some more guidelines see paragraph 38 above under Rahu.
- Association of Mars with Ketu makes the person angry and violent, and makes him liable to accidents. Mars conjoined with Ketu in the fourth house causes harm to the native through his son, weapon or disease and may lead to death of native’s wife and loss of wealth. However the Ketu major or sub-periods would be beneficial towards the end. Such a sambandha in the fifth house may lead to an early love affair, baldness and multiple marriages.
- Association of Ketu with Mercury gives the same results as recorded for Rain.
- The santbandha of Ketu with Jupiter anywhere in the horoscope is bad for the affairs of the house where these two planets are located unless there is a beneficial aspect on them.
- The sambandha of Ketu with Venus is bad. It makes the native sexually a pervert.
- The results and achievements of Ketu major or sub-periods are temporary. Towards the end of its major or sub-periods it takes away whatever it has earlier given.
- A house, owned by a naturally beneficial planet, shall be very strong if its owner is placed in that house with Ketu.
- Ketu favourably placed in a triangle and associated with the owner of an angle, or placed in an angle and associated with the owner of a triangular house, shall give high status and prosperity during its major or sub-periods.
- If the owner of an angle and a triangular house has sambandha with or aspects Ketu in a common sign or its dispositor, the native will have a high status and prosperity during the major or sub-periods of Ketu. However if the owner of the sixth, eighth or the twelfth house is also involved, the result will be considerably watered down and the native’s mother will face a lot of trouble during this major or sub-period.