Significances of Seventh House
The seventh home is typically said because the House of wedding, however it encompasses all matched relationships: wedding, business partnerships, contracts, cooperative relationships, and additionally divorce, separation, quarrels, open enemies, and law suits.
The distinction between the amorous affairs of the fifth House and love relationships of the seventh is that the seventh House refers to additional for good binding relationships, whereas the fifth House refers to affairs that will be temporary. once the fifth House affair progresses into a heavy relationship, we will say that the connection has “moved into the seventh House.”
7th house relationships area unit concerning cooperation and sharing, and that they typically serve some practical purpose within the larger social community (i.e. a marriage). this is often completely different from a fifth house relationship, whose solely qualification is “butterflies within the abdomen.”
The seventh house includes the manner you relate to those nearest to you. Planets during this house can influence your manner of relating. They additionally offer clues to problems that arise in your relationships.
- This house refers to the following:
(i) Marriage. Partner. This house stands for long term relationships unlike the fifth house which indicates passing fancies and infatuations.
(ii) Legal ties.
(iii) Sexual intercourse. Success in love affairs.
(iv) ReFroductive fluid. Genitals. Urine. Also the face, navel or feet according to the drekkan in which the cusp of the house lies.
(v) Journeys. Losing ones way on a journey. Break in journey, visit to several places during the same journey and places abroad.
(vi) Honour and reputation abroad. Generosity. Respect.
(vii) Danger to longevity.
(viii) Loss of memory.
(ix) Trade. International trade. Contract, and agreement.
(x) Partnership. People with whom the native deals with. Opponents, rivals, adversaries, and the opposite party in a law suit.
(xi) Eating delicious food. Sweet drink.
(xii) Gift. Giving in charity.
(xiii) Adopted child. Second child (this house being the third from the fifth house, indicates younger brother/sister to the eldest child of the native).
(xiv) Third younger brother/sister to the native (first younger brother/sister to the native being indicated by the third house, the second by the fifth house being third from the third).
(xv) Honour and credit of the Government (being the tenth from the tenth house).
(xvi) Badhakasthan for the ascendants having common signs.
- In Horary Astrology the seventh house should be examined for a query relating to lost property. This house describes the thief. The first house of Prasna (query) chart represents the owner of lost property, the fourth the place of property, and the seventh the thief. If the owner of the seventh house or its occupier is weak or combust, it can be predicted that the thief would be apprehended.
- Rahu or Ketu here makes the native psychically sensitive. This location of these shadowy planets can cause abnormalities in native’s relationships.
- As a general rule planets, except Jupiter or a well placed Moon, in this house are not conducive to smooth personal relationship. Mercury causes the relationship to be quick or superficial; Venus makes the nature sensual; Mars causes conflict but gives power; Saturn also tends to give power though it causes separation, selfishness and detachment, and the Sun gives a tendency to dominate.
- Any relationship of Mars with Venus, the seventh house and its owner makes the native oversexed. The same result can be expected if there is an exchange or close relationship between the seventh house and the twelfth. Participation of the fifth house in these relationships aggravates matters further.
- It should be seen as to which planet is the most powerful among the owners of the second, seventh and the eleventh houses. Such a planet is likely to not only describe the spouse but also in its major or sub-periods give marriage.
- If the Sun is the owner of this house one gets married at the ~ge of 25 years. For the Moon it is 21, Mars, Mercury and Venus end to make the native set married by the age of 20 years. Jupiter ?4, and Saturn 29 years. This is true for male nativities. For a emale horoscope each of these values should be reduced by 3 years. These are subject to the following amendments:
(a) Whenever a malefic planet for the chart occupies the house, or gets in sambandha with the owner of the seventh house or the karaka for the spouse (Venus for the male and Jupiter for female nativities), marriage is delayed by two years. For every such malefic influence, two years should be added to the probable age of marriage.
(b) If beneficial planets for the chart are associated or they aspect the above factors, marriage is hastened by the same number of years as are indicated above.
(c) It is repeated that for each factor so influenced the number of years mentioned above have to be added or substracted as the case may be.
This is a rough method. The age worked out in this manner should then be verified by the Vimshottari Dasa system.
- The time of marriage can be determined through transit by the use of following rules, once the major, sub and inter-periods have been determined in which marriage is likely to take place:
(i) Add the longitudes of owners of the first and the seventh houses. Marriage is likely when Jupiter transits the point so obtained.
(ii) Marriage is likely when Jupiter transits the point obtained by adding the longitudes of the owners of the house in which the Moon is located and the seventh house.
(iii) Marriage is likely during the major or sub-period of a powerful owner of the seventh house when Jupiter transits the sign in which the owner is situated or through the houses which are triangular to it.
(iv) Marriage is likely during the major or sub-period of a powerful owner of the navansha in which the owner of the seventh house is located when Jupiter transits the sign in which the owner of the navansha is situated in the birth chart or through the houses which are triangular to it.
(v) Marriage is likely during the major or sub-period of the Moon or Venus, whichever is more powerful, when Jupiter transits the sign in which the owner of the seventh house is situated or through the houses which are triangular to it.
(vi) Marriage is likely during the major or sub-period of the owner of the seventh house which is associated with Venus or if the two planets are in sambandha with each other in any other manner.
(vii) Marriage is likely during the major or sub-period of a planet in the seventh house which is associated with the owner of that house.
(viii) Marriage is likely when Jupiter and the Moon transit the sign next to the one in which the dispositor in navansha chart of the owner of the first house is located. For example let Mercury be the owner of the first house in a nativity. Let it be placed in Leo in the navansha chart. Let the Sun be in Pisces in the birth chart. Marriage can take place when Jupiter transits Aries alongwith the Moon.
(ix) Marriage is likely when Jupiter transits the sign in which the owner of the seventh house or Venus is situated.
(x) Marriage is likely when in transit Jupiter is in an angular house and the Moon joins it there.
- (a) Early marriage is indicated if the owners of the first and seventh houses are linked.
(b) If the owner of the seventh house is placed in a sign owned by Venus or Saturn and is aspectd by a naturally beneficial planet which is also favourable for the chart, the native will have liaison with many women or will have more than one wife. The same result may be expected if the owner of the seventh house is exalted.
(c) The native will have several wives if the owner of the seventh house is powerful and Venus is placed in Gemini, Sagittarius or Pisces.
(d) The native may marry more than once due to some wish of his remaining unfulfilled, such as not having a child or a male issue, if:
(i) the owner of the seventh house is placed in the sign of a naturally malefic planet which is also an adverse planet for the chart, is associated with a planet that is adverse for the chart, and the seventh house in the birth or navansha chart has a sign owned by Mercury or Saturn; or,
(ii) the owner of the seventh house is debilitated, and the seventh house in the birth or navansha chart has a sign owned by Mercury or Saturn.
- A naturally malefic planet which is also an adverse planet for the chart, in the first, second, fourth, seventh, eighth or the twelfth house will disturb the married life and may make the wife short lived. This will be neutralised if the spouse’s horoscope also has a similar malefic planet in one of these houses.
- If the owner of the seventh house in a male chart is a planet that denotes aristocracy, e. g. the Sun or Moon, and is influenced by a beneficial planet for the chart, which is indicative of worth, e. g. Jupiter, or the owner of the second or eleventh house, the man marries into a high class family.
- If the seventh house, its owner and the karaka (Jupiter for the husband and Venus for the wife) are influenced by separative planets it indicates a divorce.
- The native will gain financially from his wife if the owner of the seventh house and Venus in a male chart are in sambandha in the fifth, seventh or the eleventh house.
- When the second, seventh, and the eleventh houses are, connected with beneficial planets for the chart, it would mean that not only the partner would be from a respectable family but that the married life would be happy and the partner would be virtuous.
- The wife will be long lived if the owner of the seventh house and Venus are strong in a male chart.
- If Jupiter is the owner of the seventh and tenth houses and is powerful, it means that the native will enjoy ruling powers and will be in the good books of the government (the seventh house is tenth from the tenth house).
- This house is the badhakasthan for ascendants having common signs. During the major or sub-period of a planet owning the badhakasthan, or of a planet occupying the badhakasthan, the native may suffer from bad health or there may be anxiety about his health. Badhakadhipati (the owner of the house that is a badhakasthan for the ascendant) is not bad for other aspects of life.
- Good aspect to the occupier or the cusp of this house indicates good relations with persons indicated by this house. So this house is also to be referred to if it is to be examined whether a person can mix freely in company.
- If the cusp of the seventh house is in the first drekkan of a sign alongwith malefic planets, the native is to have deformed and bad teeth. The rule of the thumb would therefore be that if a person has bad teeth it is likely that his spouse would be sickly, troublesome or short lived.
- A movable sign in the seventh house will let the native earn through his reputation.
- The rules for determining relationship between the native and a relative of his are recorded in paragraph 32 under FIRST HOUSE in Chapter Four. If we wish to determine the relations that are likely to exist between the native and his wife, we should apply these rules to the seventh house.
- The owner of the seventh house from the ascendant or from the Moon when placed in the vargas of a naturally beneficial planet and aspected also by naturally beneficial planets is indicative of the fact that the native will have a beautiful wife.
Names: Jamitra, Gaman, Kam, Sampat, Dyuna, Asta, Kalatra, Smar, Chittotha, Mada, Loka, Marga Adhvan.
Relatives: Spouse (husband, wife), paternal grandfather, habing or not habing 2nd wife, adopted son, 3rd coborn, quarrels with wife, pair of wives; grandfather, 2nd child children through second wife.
Human Body: Rectum sex urge, urinary tract, semen, urine, secret part, anus, kidney, bones.
Loss of memeory, thirst.
Persons: People, other women coming in contact, defeated enemy, enmity with debauched female, banker, lender, borrower, death of enemies.
Horary: Thief, pickpocket.
Professions: Music, trading, trade in clothes.
Actions: Journey, losing of temper, breaking journey, victory, coition, fight, unchasteness, straying from path, getting clothes, marriage, coming/ going, argumentation, journey to many places in one trip; obstacles to journey, divorce, gambling, winning of lobe, deviation from right path, secret carnal pleasure, attracting others, listening to music, litigation and success in it.
Abstracts: Complaint, desire, passion, purity, mistake, wealth kept at 2nd place, money locked up in another place, things related with coition, charity, valour, asceticism, legal bondage, agreements, contracts, honour abroad.
Eatables: Pulses, curd, Gur, milk, sweet drink, soup, eating Ghee, eating nutritious food, chewing Paan (betel leaves), taste of things cooked in Ghee, food of liking.
Objects: Lost or stolen wealth or article, flower, good perfume, gifts.
Places: Watershed, a way, road, other country, living in a distant land.