The Effects of Rahu Dasha Antardasha with Mars and Saturn
(i) in the first house causes venereal and urinary diseases,
(ii) in the eighth house it gives rise to immorality, and,
(iii) anywhere in the horoscope, it not only makes the native accident prone but also destroys, the results of that house.
- When there is an exchange of asterisms between Rahu and Saturn and there is involvement of the eighth house in this combination, it makes the native prone to paralytic strokes.
- Rahu gives better results when aspected by a planet friendly to it rather than in association with it.
- (i) Whenever a Node is in the third, sixth, or eleventh house, and does not own it, it will be an adverse planet for the horoscope.
(ii) Whenever a Node is in the sign or constellation of an owner of the sixth, or eighth house, or is in sambandha with the owner of one of these houses, which is an adverse planet for the horoscope, it will be adverse for the chart.
(iii) (a) If the Node is placed in an angle and has sambandha with the owner of a triangle, or
(b) it is placed in a triangle and has sambandha with the owner of an angle, it becomes highly potent to do good to the native.
(iv) (a) If a Node is placed in an angle in the sign owned by an excellent or good planet, or
(b) it is placed in a triangle in the sign owned by the owner of an angle, or
(c) it is placed in the eighth house, in its own sign, it becomes capable to do good to the native.
(v) A Node placed in an angle with no other influence will be a neutral planet. Its nature will depend on the nature of the dispositor.
(vi) A Node placed in a triangle with no other influence will be a good planet. Its nature will be modified by the nature of the dispositor.
(vii) Mixed results would be felt when the Node is placed in the second or twelfth house, or the owner of the second or twelfth house has sambandha with the Node. The nature of the dispositor of the Node will be very important and the nature of the Node determined in the above manner will be noticeably altered by it. The results to be given by the Node will be felt during the major or sub-periods of the concerned Node.
- Rahu is important for giving worldly results, Ketu for spiritual or religious ones.
- The major or sub-periods of Rahu or Ketu may be unpleasant if either of them is in the asterism of Ketu. The results may be beneficial if the asterism involved is that of Rahu.
- A Node will give the results of the house in which it is placed, of its dispositor, and of the planets with which it has sambandha.
- A Node adopts the characteristics of the planet with which it is in sambandha, but at the same time passes on its bad influence to that planet. Such a planet, even if it is a beneficial planet for the horoscope, will give at least some adverse results in its major or sub-period.
- The Nodes attain powers to kill only when they are in sambandha with an adverse Saturn, or the maraka owner of the second or seventh house. Otherwise if they are located in the second or seventh house without any malefic sambandha, they will not kill.
- A well placed Node in a common sign, the owner of which owns a triangular house gives exceedingly good results. A well placed Node in a common sign, the owner of which owns an angular house also gives good results. However these good results will be spoilt if the owner also owns the third, sixth, eighth or the eleventh house.
- A well placed Node in a movable sign, the owner of which owns an angular or triangular house gives good results, but the results will be mediocre when the sign is a fixed one. However these good results will be spoilt if the owner also owns the third, sixth, eighth or the eleventh house.
- A Node placed in the third, sixth, or eleventh house in sambandha with a beneficial planet, or placed in an angular or triangular house in sambandha with a malefic planet, will in its period first give good results but the results will be adverse towards the end.
- Adverse results should be predicted if the major-period of Rahu is the fifth or seventh from the first major-period after birth.
- KALSARPA yoga is formed:
(i) if Rahu is in the first six houses from the ascendant,
(ii) all the planets are between Rahu and Ketu, and
(iii) no planet is located in the same sign as Rahu.
This yoga destroys the good indications in a horoscope. The house where Rahu is located suffers the most. The yoga will still operate if conditions (ii) and (iii) only are fulfilled but its strength will be less.
- The first six months of Rahu major-period after the close of Mars major-period are as a rule adverse.
- The dispositors of the Nodes are of particular importance. If any of them is under good influence, does not own a bad house and is a beneficial planet for the ascendant that dispositor becomes capable of giving very good results. If it forms a good yoga (combination) with other planets, the strength of the yoga increases many folds to give good results.
Such a planet, under adverse influence or of adverse nature, is capable of harming the native to a great extent.
- If some planets form a rajyoga and Rahu is connected with this combination, the rajyoga results shall be given by Rahu.
- Rahu favourably placed in sambandha with the owner of an angle and a triangular house, shall give high status and prosperity during its major or sub-periods.
- If the owner of an angle and a triangular house has sambandha with the dispositor of Rahu, the native will have high status and prosperity during the major or sub-periods of Rahu.
- The aspect or sambandha of a Node with various planets should be analysed in the following ways:
(a) The fundamental characteristic of Rahu is to give results similar to Saturn and that of Ketu like Mars.
(b) Due to the special affinity that the Nodes have with the luminaries (the Sun and Moon), the sambandha with or the aspect by the Nodes on the luminaries ought to be examined differently. If there is an eclipse owing to the association of the Node with a luminary, the results will be very different. An eclipse in a good house is harmful for the affairs of that house, and is good in an adverse house.
(c) If there is sambandha between a Node and a planet, the planet will take over some bad nature of the Node, and the Node will in turn take the nature of the planet. Thus for example, a mutual aspect between a beneficial Jupiter and Rahu will make Jupiter lose some of its good nature, and Rahu will become beneficial.
(d) It need not be re-emphsised that whenever a planet or a house is under the influence of a Node, the affairs indicated by this factor will always exhibit some suddenness or unexpected results.
(e) If the Node is in exaltation, or under the influence of such planets that are benign planets for the ascendant, it will give overall good results in its period, but the element of the unexpected and a fear of things going awry at any stage will persist.
- A Node in a sign owned by an adverse Saturn generally does not give good results in its major or sub-periods.
- An interesting statement has been made in Brihat Parasar Hora Sastra …
It says that when Rahu is placed in Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Aquarius or Pisces; or, Ketu is placed in Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces, the period of the Node shall be productive of beneficial results.