Significance of Fifth House
The significance of fifth House refers to youngsters, creativity, and also the pursuit of delight. This includes personal interests, amorous affairs, sports, hobbies, speculation, risk-taking, teaching, drama, inventive style, love given, gambling. The fifth home is all concerning you being yourself and enjoying it.
Romance, dating, amorous affairs, and sexual relationships area unit dominated by this fifth house, nevertheless wedding is allotted to the seventh. Why? as a result of, till terribly recently, wedding wasn’t entered into for pleasure, for love, nor for private fulfillment. wedding was hardly even entered into by selection, however rather for the aim of raising youngsters to preserve the values of a specific culture or faith. And these marriages were most frequently organized per category and money standing, a partnership appropriate the seventh house.
Nowadays, it’s normal to marry for love. To avoid confusion, remember: affairs of the guts area unit within the fifth house, however cooperative partnerships area unit within the domain of the seventh house.
- This house refers to the following:
(ii) Intelligence, affection, discretion, talent memory, and good speech and counsel. Oral, qualifying or departmental examination (but not competitive examination).
(iii) Good behaviour, far sightedness, and sobriety.
(iv) Belly, stomach and heart. The right cheek, right side of the heart, or the right knee depending on the drekkan that contains the cusp.
(v) Good deeds in the past lives. Meditation. Spiritual practice. Mantras and Yantras (religious diagrams for veneration and specific results), Ishta Devata (one’s chosen deity), disciples, and invitation to religious ceremonies.
(vi) Fall from a high office (being eighth from the tenth house), ministership and royal insignia.
(vii) Authorship of epics.
(viii) Being social, society, banquets and parties, romance, love affair, cinema, entertainment, place of entertainment, theatrical performance, sports and pleasure. Aesthetic sense. Physical attraction between opposite sexes and licentiousness. Courtesan.
(ix) Speculation. Game of chance.
(xi) Hospitalisation of pet animals (being twelfth from the sixth house).
(xii) Brother younger to the first younger brother (being third from the third house). Friends of the partner or wife. Father’s father. Elder brother’s/sister’s spouse or his partner in business.
2.A. The native is likely to have children as:
(a) (i) A beneficial planet for the chart, in or aspecting the fifth house, or a benign Moon in this house makes the house fecund.
(ii) The fifth house is not weak or afflicted.
(b) An unafflicted owner of the fifth house powerfully and well placed in the chart will promise children.
(c) Fruitful signs in the fifth or the eleventh house promise children.
(d) Jupiter, the karaka for children, well placed, unafflicted and at least averagely powerful assures birth of children to the native.
(e) The owners of the fifth and first houses have sambandha.
(f) The owner of the fifth house in sambandha with the Moon, or placed in Moon’s drekkan will give a number of daughters:
- The native is likely to be childless if:
(a) barren signs tenant the fifth or the eleventh house,
(b) owner of either of these houses is not in a fruitful sign,
(c) the Moon is also not located in a fruitful sign,
(d) the ascendant does not have a fruitful sign in it,
(e) owner of the first house does not occupy a fruitful sign,
(f) Jupiter, the karaka for children is afflicted by malefic planets, or by a powerful maraka for the ascendant, or
(g) the fifth house or its owner is weak and badly afflicted.
(h) If the owner of the fifth house is placed in the sixth, eighth or the twelfth house or in an inimical sign, there will be difficulty in having children.
(i) When the first and fifth houses and Jupiter are weak the native may be childless.
It should not be predicted that the native will be childless merely because one condition from the above has been fulfilled in the horoscope. The issue should be examined in its totality.
- The fifth house signifies the first pregnancy, the seventh the second, and the ninth the third and so on (the seventh house is third from the fifth house signifying younger brother to the first child etc.).
- For women the fifth house from the Moon is more important for judging children than the fifth house from the ascendant.
- Birth of a child to the native can be predicted when during transit Jupiter forms a link with the owners of the ascendant, and of the houses in which the Sun and the Moon are placed by association, aspect etc.
- Being negation of the sixth house (being the twelfth house from the sixth), the fifth house indicates freedom from disease.
- Naturally malefic planets like the Sun, Mars, and Saturn are considered weak in the fifth house. If these planets are owners of good houses but are located in this house, they must have aspects from beneficial planets without which they do not give good results with regard to the affairs of the houses they rule.
- A planet in the fifth house operates as the karaka for marriage.
- The Moon, afflicted by malefic planets in this house, causes early death of the father.
- If the Moon is afflicted by Saturn and Mars here, the father of the native will suffer seriously from disease in the very first major-period of a planet, in the life of the native, in the sub-period of the owner of the navansha in which the major-period planet is situated.
- We should first verify whether the horoscope indicates any children for the native. If it does, it should broadly be analysed whether the number of children will be small or large. Thereafter, there are several methods to find out the number of children one will have. Four of these methods which are considered reliable to a reasonable degree are given below. Results should be worked out according to all the four. The majority of results may be taken. It will give a fairly accurate result:
(1). (i) NUMBER OF CHILDREN: The owner of the fifth house will be in some sign. We will calculate the exact position that it occupies. This can easily be worked out for the date and time of birth from any suitable ephemeris. Then we calculate the number of navanshas it has travelled in that sign. The number of navanshas fully traversed by the owner of the fifth house will be the number of children the native will have.
We take a concrete example to explain this simple method. Suppose the ascendant is Gemini. The owner of the fifth house will be Venus. Suppose at the time the native was born it was at 10 degrees 25 minutes in Aries. We know that navansha is the ninth part of a sign of thirty degrees. Therefore a navansha will extend over 3 degrees and 20 minutes of a sign. Hence the first navansha in Aries will be of Aries from 0 degree to 3 degrees 20 minutes, the second will be of Taurus and will extend from 3 degrees 20 minutes to 6 degrees 40 minutes in Aries, the third will be of Gemini and will begin at 6 degrees 40 minutes and continue upto 10 degrees in Aries, the fourth will be of Cancer and will begin at 10 degrees and last till 13 degrees 20 minutes in Aries etc. These can easily be found from the table of navanshas. Now as we notice, Venus here is at 10 degrees 25 minutes in Aries. Therefore it has completed three navanshas in Aries (of Aries, Taurus and Gemini) and is in the fourth. The number of children will be equal to the number of navanshas fully traversed. Therefore the native is likely to have at the most three children.
(ii) GENDER OF CHILDREN BORN: The next question to determine is the number of sons and daughters the native is likely to have. For this we consider all the navanshas that have been completely traversed. Out of these navanshas that have been completely traversed we have to examine as to how many navanshas that have male planets as rulers and how many have female rulers. The number of male and female navansha rulers so determined will be the number of boys and girls the native will respectively have. For the purpose of this rule we categorise the male and female planets as below:
Male planets—Sun, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter. Female planets—Moon, Venus and Saturn.
We will again take up the illustration that we had considered above. We know that Venus had traversed first three navanshas completely in Aries. From the chart for rulers of navanshas it is seen that the first navansha in Aries is ruled by Mars, the second by Venus and the third by Mercury. Thus of the three navanshas fully traversed, one is ruled by a female planet and the other two by male planets. The native can at the most have one female and two male children.
(iii) As has been suggested at the beginning, we must verify whether the horoscope shows large number of children or otherwise. If the number seems to be large, examine whether (a) the owner of the fifth house is in vargottama navansha, or (b) it is aspected by Jupiter or (c) by Venus in the birth chart. If one such factor exists, the original number of children arrived at should be multiplied by two. If another such factor also exists, the original number should be multiplied by four. If the third factor also exists, the original number should be multiplied by six. The proportion of gender will remain the same.
However, extreme care ought to be exercised when prediction is being made for a very large number of children. When there is Taurus, Leo, Virgo or Scorpio on the cusp of the fifth house; or, Jupiter or the owner of the fifth house is in one of these signs, the number of children will be restricted. If there is aspect of Jupiter or Venus on the owner of the fifth house, we must check whether (i) Jupiter or Venus, as the case may be, is a beneficial planet for the ascendant and (ii) it is powerful. If these two conditions are fulfilled and the sign factor, just described above, does not exist, only then the multiplication effect should be considered. The aspect or association of Jupiter or Venus with the owner of the fifth house should be within 4 degrees.
Thus in the example given above, if Venus were being aspected by Jupiter, we should have presumed that the native would have a maximum of six (three multiplied by two) children of which two would be daughters and four sons.
(iv) NUMBER OF PREGNANCIES DESTROYED: It is not necessary that the number of children indicated will all be born to the native. There is a possibility that some will be lost due to miscarriage etc. The natal chart should indicate such a loss. When there are such indications, the number of pregnancies that are likely to be destroyed can be determined in the following manner:
Examine if there are naturally malefic planets occupying the navanshas fully traversed by the owner of the fifth house. If yes, there will be loss of pregnancies in the manner referred to above. The number of malefic planets occupying navanshas fully traversed will be equal to the number of pregnancies lost.
Suppose Rahu is in Taurus in the navansha chart. Taurus has been traversed fully by Venus as we have seen above. Rahu is a naturaly malefic planet. Therefore the native is likely to lose one child before its birth. It must be clarified that in case we multiply the number of probable children due to aspect of Jupiter or Venus etc., we will not multiply the number of children that are going to be lost due to this malefic influence. To clarify matters, we revert to the example we had taken up earlier with Venus being the owner of the fifth house placed in Aries. Here if Venus were being aspected by Jupiter, we should have presumed that the native would have a maximum of six (three multiplied by two) children. One child will be lost due to placement of Rahu in Ta urns. The native will therefore have five children.
(2) An analysis on the lines indicated above from (i) to (iv) can also be made on the bhavamadhya (middle point of the house) of the fifth house.
(3) The owner of the fifth house will occupy some sign in the navansha chart. The number that is arrived at by counting from the sign in the first house (in the birth chart) to this sign will be the number of children that the native is likely to have.
We will clarify this rule by the same illustration that has been adopted for rule 1 above. Venus is the owner of the fifth house and is in Cancer navansha. The sign in the first house of birth chart is Gemini. Counting from Gemini upto Cancer we get two:
That will be the number of children the native is likely to have. It must be noted that this rule does not take into account the number of pregnancies that are destroyed as in rule I above. This will be the number of children born to the native.
(4) The number of planets aspecting the fifth house or occupying it will be the number of children the native is likely to have. The sex of the children can be determined from the sex of these planets as laid down above. Severely malefic planets, occupying or aspecting the house may force destruction of pregnancies. Number of such planets influencing the house will be the number of pregnancies destroyed.
(5) These rules are equally applicable in determining the number of siblings of the native. Applied to the third house and its owner they yield the number of younger brothers and sisters and applied to the eleventh house and its owner they give the same information with regard to elder brothers and sisters.
- The owner of the fifth house located near the owner of the first house in the horoscope indicates that the native will beget children early in life. The closer the location, the earlier the birth of children. If the Moon is powerful in the chart this should be predicted from the Moon ascendant (taking the house in which the Moon is located as the first house).
Names: Mantra, Sut, Dhi, Dev, Pitru, Raj, Nandan Panchak, Atmaj, Tanuj, Tanay, Buddhi, Vidya, Vak, Rajanka, Sachiv, Kar, Atma, Asu, Sut, Jathara, Shruti, Smriti.
Relatives: Father’s wealth, father’s thinking, progeny, father, father’s good deeds, father’s wealth, 2nd coborn, 1st
Human Body: Heart, belly, conception, growing of belly, hand.
Persons: Disciples, friendship, company of court females, ministers.
Professions: News journalism, mode of earning, means of earning money.
Actions: Charity of grains, engaging seriously in work, recitation of Mantras, Worship of deities, Mantra Sadhana, worrying about far-off places, chanting of Vedic hymns, getting of kingdom, relationship with prostitutes, writing text, poem courtship, love affairs, sports, games of chance, lottery, gambling, horse race, gain from stocks, short journeys, enjoyment of opera, cinema, drama, dance, music, banquets, amusement, entertainment, auspicious speech, speech in public.
Abstracts: Gravity of personality, steadiness of mind, rational mind, mystery, Atma, futurology, intelligence, Mantra, Knowledge, advisory faculty, any plan or scheme, literary works, expertise, great/desired work, affluence originating from women, discrimination of bad and good deeds, discretion, maintenance, worship by Mantras, good morals, affluence with happiness, secret, good conduct, good news, discrimination, bliss, religious story, education, greatness, modesty, tastes, fancies, royal insignia, discharge of debt.
Qualities: Wit, grasping power, maintenance, of secrecy, capacity of evaluation, artistic ability, politeness, sincerity, decorum foresight, steadfastness, profundity, discrimination power.
Mridang, musical instrument.
Objects: Sculpture, a long literary production.
Skills: Statesmanship, workmanship, managerial skill, diplomacy, Vedic Knowledge (Sruti), traditional law (Smriti), profound learning, mechanical art, oratorical skill, scholarship.
National: Ministership inherited, king, tax, Sovereign’ mark.