Significations of Jupiter
Names: Vachaspati, Arya, Brihaspati, Vageesa, Suri, Mantri, Guru, Suracharya, Devejya, Suraguru, Devaguru, Prashaanta, Jeeva, Vachaang Pati, Ijya, Diveshvandya, Angira, Prachakshas, Vaasavguru, Vachasampati, Devamantri, Vidubhapatiguru, Chitrashikhandij, Idya, Kulisakarnut, Amarguru, Geevarnavandhya, Tridivesvandya, Grahraj-jau, Geespati, Pragbhav, Suradhip, Dhishan, Vaakpati, Praakphalgun.
Letters: ta tha da dha na.
Nature and Form: Big bodied, golden, blonde hair, yellow eyes, intelligent, brown eyes and hair, body of yellowish hue, fat and elevated chest, voice like lion or the sound of conch, Hemant Ritu, ether, sweet, governs sound, full generous curves.
Mercury and Venus are Jupiter’s enemies; Saturn is his neutral; Sun, Moon and Mars are his friends. Jupiter is exalted up to 5 degree of Cancer, initial 10 degree of Sagittarius are Mooltrikona, rest of 20 and Pisces are own signs.
The Dwarf, the incarnation of God was from Jupiter. He was Jeevamsa and Parmatmansa (the Absolute Spirit) combined incarnation.
Relatives: Children, happiness of the husband.
Human Body: Phlegm, speech, hams, feet, the right ear, liver, absorptive system, suprarenal, gallbladder, part of the pancreas, blood circulation, spleen.
Diseases: Leprosy, disease engendered by demigods, diseases arising from sorrow, swoon, giddiness, fainting, disorder in the entrails, ear trouble, appendicitis, phlegmatic disorder, intestinal disorder, splenic disorder, aneamia, chronic diseases, laziness, abscess, hernia, catarrh, obesity, carbuncle, cerebral congestion, dyspepsia, jaundice, skin troubles, liver complaint, flatulence.
Dangers: Troubles in temple matters, harm from curses of Brahmins, Gods, troubles due to offences done against wise men, elders and snakes.
Persons and Professions: Priests, ministers, sages, kings, persons engaged in auspicious function, honest, generous, charitable, humane, learned, righteous persons, learned in Vedas, grammarians, practitioners of black magic, villagers, experts in ethics, political science, friends, teacher, godfathers, guardian, Brahmin judges, Hindus, bankers, preacher, counselors, lecturers, publishers, travel-agents, temple trustees and other officials, philosophers, tobacconist, litterateurs, clergymen, physician, collegian, clothiers, woollen merchants, provision dealers, grocers, senators, councilors, divines, cashier, lawyers.
Actions: Auspicious functions, conquering of senses, sacrifice, horse riding, entertaining the king, administration, work done with full sincerity, extracting ransom money, torture for knocking off hoarded wealth, impregnation, legal affairs, long journeys.
Abstracts: Honour, magnanimity, overall/all round prosperity, virtues, behaviour, teaching, penance, conquering of senses, sacrifice, kingship, throne, intelligence, health, Gods, sacrifices, interest, soul, fame, devotion to Lord Vishnu, education, charity, success.
Qualities: Strength, lustiness, importance, respect for wise, sharp intelligence capable of going deep, sweetness in speech, reverence to gods, religious faith, compassion, beatitude, being generous, jovial, courtly, ambitious, sympathetic, humane; confers plenty; productiveness, protection, fortune, increase.
Animals: Horses, elephants.
Edibles: Salt, sweet drink.
Plant Life: Fruit tree, corns, lotus, Bengal gram, black gram.
Objects: Vehicle, houses, property, wax, paraphernalia of kings, perfumes, umbrella, flag, Chamar, silver, gold (in own signs), not old but new clothe, dress, household items.
Places: Bed, seat, town, nation, treasure house, the treasury.
Places in India: Pakistan, Afghanistan, River Bias (Vipasha), Eastern Punjab, West UP, Sutlej River, Kashmir, Sindhu.
Skills: Wisdom, knowledge, Knowledge of Vedas, Sastras, Smritis, oratorical skills, mystical formulas, Vedic knowledge, philosophy, skill in planning, Supreme knowledge, Karmyog.
- It has a big fat body with broad chest and large limbs. It is intelligent and well versed in religious texts. It has yellow hair and a golden complexion. It is satwik in nature. It is modest, forgiving and peaceful. It likes the virtuous. It is the teacher of the gods. Its vehicle is an elephant. It is adaptable.
- Its RELATIONSHIP with other planets is as follows:
Friendly with Sun
Neutral to Saturn
Inimical to Mercury
- It is the KARAKA for the following:
Wealth, thighs, knowledge, children, minister, guru, dharma (duty or good conduct enjoined upon the native by religious tradition), happiness and husband (in a traditional society. In a permissive society where a male partner is taken up on the spur of passion and discarded when emotions subside, it is Mars that more appropriately represents a partner), and elder brother/sister.
- It REPRESENTS the following:
(i) Good qualities, good behaviour, devotion to God, high moral standard, greatness; respect for and faith in elders, gum and God; dispassion, justice, Lord Indra, grace of God, expansion, principles, optimism, compassion, mildness, Sama (appeal to reason), fortune, worldly wisdom, adaptability, sincerity, common sense, broad mindedness, law abiding nature, honesty, steady progress in life and respect.
(ii) Vedas, religious texts of yore, exalted after-death state, religious practices, ether, law, philosophy, religion, treasure, health, wealth, minister, religious preceptor of the Devas, winter, gold, banks, safe vaults, yellow, topaz, bipeds, Vindhya region and Sindh, education, brahmin, temples, courts, large and pompous buildings, charity, orthodoxy, learned gatherings, extravagance, finance, whale, dolphin and north-east direction.
(iii) Fat in the body, sense of hearing, pale complexion, jaundice, masculine, Jeeva (animate creatures), protuding abdomen, liver, feet, over-eating, hips, brown hair, the tendency to look directly ahead, preference for sweet dishes, age 30 years, and also between 57 and 68 years.
(iv) Priests, professors~ judges, scholars, attorneys and intellectuals.
(v) Tumour in the abdomen, typhoid, ear diseases, disputes over religious property or property of a trust, bank or treasury.
- By nature Jupiter is a beneficial planet. It is powerful in the first house. It rises simultaneously with hind parts and the head.
- If in a horoscope Jupiter is strong but not Mercury, the native would be wise but since he would not be articulate, he would not appear wise.
- If in a horoscope Mercury and Jupiter are powerful and connected, the native will pursue an intellectual vocation.
- Jupiter, if powerful and well placed in a horoscope, is indicative of good kannas (deeds) done by the native in previous lives. Such a Jupiter will get unearned rewards for the native like success at speculation, lotteries, a large inheritance or success without much effort. It will also make the native have faith in religious and ritualistic practices.
- Jupiter is also fun loving but whereas Venus finds its pleasure in mostly sex, Jupiter is happy in gatherings. It therefore makes the native throw parties or share things with others.
- Jupiter improves the affairs of a house by aspect. Its occupation may not prove to be as beneficial far a house.