Significances of 1st House
The 1st House is the House of self. This includes cognizance, the body, temperament, appearance, and personal views on life, self-identity, self-image, early setting, and beginnings; however we tend to initiate, however we’re impulsive. Any planets during this house can greatly influence your temperament and the way others understand you.
Effect of the owner of the First House and significances of 1st House are being in various houses has been given below. It is however dependent on certain factors that have been recorded below. These factors have to be studied very carefully. These are capable of altering the nature of the effects to a very large extent. A weak planet may be powerless to give results. The time when these results will fructify has been dealt with in detail at the beginning of this Chapter. It should be seen:
(i) Whether the owner of any house, the effect of whose placement in a house is being ascertained, is a malefic planet for the ascendant.
(ii) Whether the owner of the house is exalted, in mooltrikona sign, in own or friend’s sign, is well aspected, well associated or generally well placed in a house.
(iii) Whether that planet is in a situation reverse to the one above like debilitation etc. in a house.
- (i) The gender, element, quality and characteristic of the sign in which the owner of the house is placed should be taken into account.
(ii) The location of the owner of the house in navansha will also be relevant. If it is placed in the eighth navansha in the sign, it will not give good results. For example the Sun in Aries at 25 degrees will be in the eighth navansha and will therefore not be well placed to give good results.
(iii) The owner of a house will not be able to yield good results if it is placed in the sixth, eighth or the twelfth house in the navansha chart from its dispositor. For example, let the owner of the third house be the Sun. Let it be in the tenth house, the owner of which is Jupiter. Thus the dispositor of the Sun is Jupiter. If the Sun is in the sixth, eighth or the twelfth house from Jupiter in the navansha chart it will not give good results.
(iv) When more than one result is given, we look for the state of relevant karakas, to select the one that will be the most appropriate. If the result of a placement is recorded as loss of wealth or early death of the mother, and if we find that the karaka for wealth is in a good state but the karaka for the mother is afflicted, the second alternative should be picked up.
- A planet when placed in a house will aspect other houses from there. It should be checked whether the houses aspected are places of enemy’s sign, place of mooltrikona, own, or friend’s sign. The strength of the aspecting planet is of primary importance but even a debilitated planet will mildly tend to improve the affairs of a house that it aspects provided the aspected house contains a sign owned by the planet or a sign that is friendly, or a mooltrikona sign of the aspecting planet. If the planet aspects a sign owned by an enemy of the planet it will tend to deteriorate the affairs of that particular house by aspect.
- The karaka properties of the owner of a house have also to be taken into account when evaluating the effects of that planet in different houses.
- Whenever the owner of a house by placement in a house indicates some result that is likely to happen in the life of the native, it must be corroborated by the karaka for that aspect. If the karaka is weak and incapable of giving good results, the indication will not materialise fully. For example if the owner of the second house placed in the ninth indicates that the native will be wealthy, but the karaka for wealth, Jupiter, is weak and badly placed, the indication for wealth will not fully materialise.
- (i) If the owner of a house is well placed in any house, it will yield good results otherwise not.
(ii) Further, the owner of a house located in the eighth house from the house it owns will tend to deny matters covered by that house.
- The owner of a house by being placed in a house, as seen above, will by occupation or aspect influence several houses. The result of such a placement for each house will be according to analysis carried out on the broad guidelines.
- The effects that are indicated below for placement of the owner of any house in different houses from the first to the twelfth, are broadly on the basis of occupation of and seventh house aspect by the planet on various houses. The results recorded below are generally for the owner of the house well placed in a sign. Modifications will have to be considered in the light of what has been stated above:
Names: Murti, Anga, Vapu, Kalp, Vilagna, Uday, Adya, Tanu, Lagna, Seersha, Hora, Kalya, Deha, Udaya, Rupa, Janma.
Human Body: Skin, hair, limbs, recovery from disease, proportion of different parts of body, vitality, appearance, complexion, spots, body, head, longevity, moles, stomach.
Relatives: Mother’s father, father’s mother, blame from one’s castemen, agency help from relatives.
Professions: Vocation, animal husbandry, living.
Actions: Appropriating other’s money, insulting other, gambling with others.
Abstracts: Sacrifice, politics, moral character, misery, rank, caste, tranquility, age, good behaviour, loss of decorum, asceticism, pride, mark, prestige, sleep, temperament, dream, own insult, proficiency, discontent, happiness, sorrow, old age, knowledge, fame, dignity, state, comforts, discomforts, protection.
Places: Residence abroad, place of birth.
Skills: Degree of animation, mannerism (body language), visible responsiveness, power of persuasion, personal charm.